Best Residential Popcorn Ceiling Removal Services in Delray Beach, FL
In the time between the 1950s and 1980s, texture ceilings were very popular in Palm Beach County due to its ability to hide imperfections and flaws. Among many types, one of the most famous was the Popcorn Ceiling. It is a type of ceiling that is treated by spray paint to form the texture. Before the early ’90s, asbestos ( a harmful product for us ) was used as popcorn texture material. But due to its hazardous effects, it was banned, and a paper-based material or Styrofoam was created.
Due to such reasons, people with old popcorn ceilings are getting it removed now. Being very brittle, a slight disturbance releases toxic dust, which, when inhaled, can cause serious lung issues. So the only choice is to get it encapsulated or removed.
Removing the residential popcorn ceiling is not an easy and safe task. It is clearly not a DIY task. Professionals with great understanding should be hired. Palm Beach Home and Remodeling Contractors provides the best popcorn ceiling removal in the entire Delray Beach.
We can also cover it with other materials like vinyl paint, but it is not considered safe. Our expert professional team aims to protect every house in Palm Beach County from the hazardous effects of asbestos. We also remove popcorn ceilings for the ones’ who are just bored or displeased from it and want to have a new type of ceiling.
How is it done?
● To ensure safety and clutter-free service, we remove all furniture and other belongings from the room. All fixtures from the wall are removed, and others are covered with plaster’s tape. The floor and walls are also covered with plastic drop sheets to prevent any damage to them. Lights, switches, and electrical boxes are covered to protect them from water spray. Then the power of the room is turned off.
● Warm water along with dishwashing soap is put in the pump-up sprayer. Then it is sprayed on the ceiling to soak small sections of the popcorn ceiling. Then it is allowed to soak for a few minutes as this will make the removal of the popcorn ceiling easier.
● A floor scraper is used to scrape away the popcorn texture with care. The process is done at a low speed to prevent damage to the drywall underneath the popcorn texture. We employ two to three people to complete this work with speed and efficiency.
● After all the popcorn texture is removed, we fill any gouges and dings with a joint compound. Smoothing the ceiling is done by sanding the whole surface.
● Once sanding is done, we prime and paint the ceiling as per your choice. Or we can also put a new texture on the ceiling if you want; otherwise, we do a smooth ceiling finish.
On completion of work, we remove all the plastic drop sheets and plaster’s tape. Any stains are removed, and any damage caused is repaired by us in no time and without any flaws. We also put all the furniture and other things back in their place. All fixtures are also fixed to the ceiling after it gets dry.
These were the details of the service provided by us. If you live in Delray Beach Call us to know more and also to get your ceiling tested for asbestos.